Word of the Wise #1 | "Canon vs Nikon"

A lot of people have been asking me about my gear and which one is the "best". And the infamous question; "Nikon or Canon". (I own Nikon for those you haven't figured it out yet)

      Honestly, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both have very great features, Nikon are known for their lenses, where as Canon are known for their fast shutter speeds. I honestly don't care what camera I use, they ALL get the job done. I have seen people with the Nikon D40(Low end camera), with the kit lens( 18-55 F/3.5-5.6) shoot AMAZING pictures. Conversely I have seen people with the Nikon D3x(High end camera) with the Nikon 70-200 VR2 F/2.8, shoot hideous pictures.

    So the REAL question you should be asking yourself is, "Am I ready for photography?", "Am I willing to learn the concepts to achieve amazing pictures?", "Am I persistent enough?"

    It doesn't matter what camera and/or lens you have, get out there and start taking pictures, you will only learn by trial and error, NOT by buying the most expensive equipment. And when you feel you are ready to  handle expensive equipment and their vast features, that is when you should start buying expensive bodies and/or lenses.

So that leads to the next most asked question; "Should I buy a new body or lens?". I will cover this topic at another time.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS